MINT MAG Spotlight: Trevor Bell
Quick Facts about Trevor Bell
Influencer & Founder of Trevor Apparel
Hometown: Beaumont, TX
School: Columbia University
Hobbies: Fitness, Parkour, Cosplay, Reading, Traveling
Favorite Book: Crushing It by Gary Vee
Favorite Quote: “…maybe sometimes it’s riskier not to take a risk. Sometimes all you’re guaranteeing is that things will stay the same.” ~Danny Wallace, Yes Man
Trevor Bell is a former collegiate athlete at Columbia University in New York City, where he played football and ran track. Over the course of his career he has had the privilege of working with numerous strength and conditioning professionals from the collegiate level to the NFL.
Realizing his passion for fitness, he leveraged it to become a social media influencer (amassing over 100k Instagram followers), a fitness model, an actor, a motivational speaker, and a part-time super-hero.
5 Keys to Developing a Successful Social Media Presence
1. Don’t be afraid to market yourself – You may be judged even by your closest friends, but that’s okay.
2. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable or real – Show your strengths and your weaknesses publicly.
3. Own your uniqueness – Be yourself and be original because a great original is better than a cheap copy.
4. Put your passion first – Understand that followers and likes should be secondary to what you’re passionate about. The numbers will come as your passion shows.
5. Be Consistent – Understand that it takes time and that it will be longer sustained success.